Children's Cancer Facts
- Children's cancer is the number 1 cause of death by disease for children under the age of 15 in the US.
- An estimated 250,000 new cases of cancer are diagnosed in children under the age of 20 every year worldwide.
- Two-Thirds of childhood cancer survivors will have long lasting chronic conditions from their treatment.
- The causes of most childhood cancers are not strongly linked to environmental or lifestyle factors.
- One in 285 children in the US will be diagnosed with cancer by the time they are 20 years old.
- The National Cancer Institute devotes only 4% of its budget to childhood cancer research.
- Childhood Cancer Research is Vastly Underfunded.
Thanks to Alex's Lemonade Stand for this information.